Monday, September 10, 2007

"Why I Write?"

Writing could be a job or writing could be a leisurely activity. Every time I write there is a different purpose. SometimesI write for myself and other times I write for someone else. Writing could also come in many forms. I could write poetry or I could write a short story. I write when I do not want to speak. I write when I am not allowed to speak. Sometimes it is difficult to write, your mind can draw a blank and you won’t have anything to write. But other times I want to write faster then my fingers or my pen could move. Sometime I write because my thoughts cannot gather fast enough and it is like word vomit on a paper.
I write because it helps express my feelings. I write because my mouth cannot come out with the words I want to utter. I write to convey passion in ways that no one can articulate. Writing is a method of organization, to create lists, to take notes. I write as a form of exercise for my brain. My pen meeting a paper is a daily ritual that speaks my imagination through words of creativity and originality. I write to inspire people with visions of ingenuity and cleverness.
Sometimes I write to remember sweet memories. Other times I write to forget bitter ones. At times I write for amusement, whether it is for myself or for others. I write to prepare. I write to criticize or assess others. I write to praise or pay tribute to people and things. I write for and every reason. I write because I have to, I write because I want to.

No comments: